The Herb Stop Blog
Sacral Chakra - Herbs, Recipes & Health Tips
"I CREATE WITH PASSION"
What Are Chakras?
Chakras are energy centers through which energy is taken in, dispersed, and released. There are 7 major Chakras. Each one represents a psychological and spiritual quality responsible for our health and well-being, or the lack thereof. Plants, with their vibrational frequencies, are in tune with our body and psyche, and can help us balance, heal and energize our 7 major Chakras.
The Sacral Chakra is located below the navel between the ovaries for women and near the prostate gland for men, and is associated with emotions, empathy, creativity, healing and sensual expression. Its element is water. This Chakra is believed to be the fluid center of the physical body, having to do with your liquids: circulation, urinary elimination, sexuality, and reproduction. A balanced Sacral Chakra gives you the ability to let your emotions flow freely, reaching out to others in a sincere way, fully sharing yourself and your experiences with others. The Sacral Chakra influences:
- The ovaries, testes (endocrine glands)
- The reproductive, circulatory and lymphatic systems
- The lumbar spine, kidney, bladder
- The tongue and the sense of taste
- The ability to deepen your connection to your emotional self, healthy desires, pleasure, well-being, warmth, self-confidence, vitality, romance, creativity
Signs Of A Closed Sacral Chakra
- Physically: Stiff lower back, lymphatic and urinary tract problems, reproductive disorders
- Emotionally: Depression, boredom, loneliness, inability to let go of the past, jealousy, envy, over-seriousness
- Mentally: Unable to express yourself emotionally, letting other people’s feelings hurt you or confuse you, allowing other people dictate your choices in life
How To Balance Your Sacral Chakra
- Enjoy liquid foods such as soups, smoothies, puddings, etc.
- Drink herbal teas, such as Damiana, Gardenia, Calendula, Saffron, Safflower, Coriander
- Lighten up, life is fun, flirt, express your creativity
- Create healthy boundaries
- Exercise by moving the hips and the lower abdomen, such as in belly dancing and hula hooping
- Nurture yourself, take a warm bath, get a massage, or go to the spa
- Get in touch with your five senses: sound, sight, smell, touch, taste
- Use the Sacral Chakra essential oil blend in your lotion, shampoo, conditioner, environment, etc.
- Wear gemstones, such as Coral, Carnelian, Copper, Moonstone
- Incorporate the color orange into your life
- Connect with bodies of water, such as fountains, lakes, rivers, the ocean, to regain emotional balance
- Meditate regularly, deeply inhaling the color orange
- Be flexible during changing times
- Learn to express your true emotions
- Free yourself from negative emotions
- Let go of past regrets
Sacral Chakra Tea
The Herb Stop has formulated a delicious and health enhancing tea blend to open the Sacral Chakra:
- Apricot Brandy Honeybush uncoils the passion deep within yourself, giving you permission to enjoy the sensual side of life
- Apricot fruit, with its warm orange color, gives you clarity and flexibility, loosening up the overly serious person in you, as well as keeping your body young and supple
- Calendula petals fill you with joyfulness and happiness, uplifting you to your creative and self-confident nature
- Damiana’s aphrodisiac and rejuvenating properties arouse the romantic and sexy person in you
- Orange peels infuse you with its warming and brilliant color, a delightful pick-me-up
- Jasmine flower, the flower of happiness, soothes the senses, promoting cheerfulness and bliss
- Coriander’s exotic flavor encourages optimism, confidence and good memory
Sacral Chakra Oil Blend
The Herb Stop has created an oil blend to help you nurture your Sacral Chakra, containing essential oils to open the Sacral Chakra, such as Orange, Coriander, Ylang Ylang, and other essential oils. In the morning, or whenever you need motivation, massage a small amount of oil into your feet and legs, and/or place a few drops on your Sacral Chakra. Feel how this oil blend increases self-confidence, creativity, and sensual expression.
Embracing Life essence helps you embrace joyfulness, lightheartedness, spontaneity, anticipation and expectation.
This article was written by Leilah of The Herb Stop in Pine, AZ.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products and statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Consult your physician, pharmacist, or herbalist before use.