The Herb Stop Blog
Solar Plexus Chakra - Herbs, Recipes & Health Tips
"I FEEL MY POWER"
What Are Chakras?
Chakras are energy centers in the body through which energy is taken in, dispersed, and released to the surrounding organs. There are 7 major Chakras located invisibly near the 7 endocrine glands. Each Chakra represents a psychological and spiritual quality responsible for your health and well-being, or the lack thereof. Plants, with their vibrational frequencies, are in tune with your body and psyche, and can help you balance, heal and energize your 7 major Chakras.
Solar Plexus Chakra
The Solar Plexus, also called the second mind, is located in the area above the naval. It is known as the power center of emotions, positive self-control, and metabolic energy. Its element is fire. The Solar Plexus is in the center of our digestive system, transforming food into energy. Great deals of nerves are located in the Third Chakra, which is directly connected to our instincts or our “gut feelings”. A balanced Solar Plexus increases self-esteem, intuition, personal will and courage. The Solar Plexus influences:
- The pancreas and adrenals
- The solar plexus and navel area
- The stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen, small intestine, and muscles
- The center of our identity, assimilation of experiences, positive use of personal power, manifestation of goals, intellect, ambition, ego, anger, fear
- The eyes and sight
Signs Of A Closed Sacral Chakra
- Physically: Ulcers, diabetes, hypoglycemia
- Emotionally: Fear, anxiety, worry, nervous exhaustion, need for control
- Mentally: Easily influenced by other people
How To Balance Your Solar Plexus Chakra
- Eat a plant-based diet and include complex carbohydrates (starches)
- Drink herbal teas, such as rosemary, chamomile, lemon balm, lemongrass, lime/lemon lemonade
- When life gets to hectic, reconnect with your breath (marshmallow relaxes the diaphragm)
- Exercise regularly for stress control and focus on your core
- Listen and honor your “gut feelings” or inner voice
- Use your will power to manifest your desires
- Use the Solar Plexus essential oil blend in your lotion, shampoo, conditioner, environment, etc.
- Wear gemstones, such as Citrine, Amber, Topaz, Gold
- Incorporate the color yellow into your life
- Express your emotions comfortably
- Meditate regularly, deeply inhaling the color yellow
- Discover your uniqueness and embrace your individuality
- Learn how to astral travel, listen to your spirit guides, or take a class in psychic development
- Enjoy playing in the sun and feel the joy
- Accomplish what you set out to do
- Feel comfortable in admitting when you are wrong
- Do something nice everyday just for yourself
Solar Plexus Chakra Tea
The Herb Stop has formulated a delicious and health enhancing tea blend to open the Solar Plexus:
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake’s sun-filled flavor fires up your personal will to follow your life’s desires
- Pineapple fruit’s sun-drenched taste warms the Solar Plexus with the fire of the sun
- Ginger’s empowering and strengthening energy connects you to your will personal power, giving you the courage and vitality to accomplish what you set out to do
- Rosemary unblocks the energy deep in the Solar Plexus to awaken personal power and allow for team spirit
- Marshmallow root softens the diaphragm letting you confidently surrender to the flow of life
Solar Plexus Chakra Oil Blend
The Herb Stop has created an oil blend to help you nurture your Solar Plexus, containing essential oils to open the Third Chakra, such as Lemon, Tangerine Rosemary, Bergamot, and other essential oils. In the morning, or whenever you need to assert your power, massage a small amount of oil on your Solar Plexus and pulse points. Feel how this oil blend empowers you, giving you confidence and mental clarity.
Body Flush essence impacts the 3rd Chakra. If, for example, you have low self-esteem, which is centered in the stomach area and along the adrenals (3rd chakra), this essence will have a releasing effect on those organs as well as the emotions attached to them.
Extroverted Enhancement essence works on the stomach area (3rd Chakra), courage and personal power as well. This essence balances the amino acids within the gastro-intestinal system, altering the enzyme process to assist digestion.
Stamina and Will Enhancement essence increases your will power, mental focus and physical stamina. By increasing your vitality you feel better physically, and your desire and your will power are stronger.
This article was written by Leilah of The Herb Stop in Pine, AZ.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products and statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Consult your physician, pharmacist, or herbalist before use.