The Herb Stop Blog
20+ Creative Hostess Gift Ideas You’ll Actually Want to Give This Holiday Season
It’s that time of year. Holidays, festive parties, staying with family and friends, and more events run rampant. Many of us bring flowers or a bottle of wine to thank our hosts, but we can be far more creative and personalized with our gifts!
We hope today’s guide to creative herbal hostess gifts helps you create a custom gift sure to impress your friends, coworkers, and family.
Give Your Hostess the Gift of Self-Care
Is your hostess someone who deserves a deeply relaxing at-home treatment or hot bath? Or, perhaps they are constantly trying new skincare or beauty products and love updating their self-care routine?
Either way, these gifts are a way to tell your hostess “thank you!” while providing them with many lovely and chill nights at home to recover after their whirlwind holiday hosting.
- Vanilla & Lavender Bath Salts: Few things are more relaxing than a hot bath. Help your hostess soothe their body in this relaxing lavender and vanilla bath blend filled with soft flowers. Check out all of our uniquely scented bath salts here.
- Super Healing Lip Balm: Everyone needs a fantastic lip balm, especially during the frigid winter months. Our lip balms come in a huge variety of scents/flavors, including peppermint, vanilla, tangerine, and lavender. A perfect item to add to a custom gift basket!
- Skin & Hair Care Travel Kit: For the hostess who loves trying new products or traveling, you can’t go wrong with this TSA-approved Skin & Hair Care Travel Kit! This kit includes a luxurious toner, serum, facial cream, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, deodorant, lavender lip balm, and lemongrass bamboo scrub.
- Bergamot & Lavender Body Butter: This creamy, non-greasy body butter will brighten your friend’s day with its luscious, uplifting bergamot and calming lavender scent. Perfect for keeping the skin soft during cold winter months!
- Revitalizing Pumpkin Face Mask: Our Revitalizing Pumpkin Face Mask can be used on the face, body, hands, or feet and is ideal for almost every skin type. We love that this mask contains rich antioxidants, enzymes, and alpha-hydroxy acids, which help promote youthful, hydrated skin.
For the Hostess Devoted to Their Home
Is your host or hostess the perfect homemaker? These home-centric gifts give them a delightful way to beautify their lovely home!
- Pine Strawberry Soap: Bring your hostess a little bit of Arizona! Our Pine Strawberry Soap is made from a base of luscious olive oil and coconut oil and is scented with pure essential oils exuding the fresh scent of trees and lemon.
- Essential Oil Kits: If your hostess loves diffusing essential oils or adding them to their body care, baths, or cleaning products, consider gifting them an essential oil kit. We love our Essential Oil Starter Kit, which includes eight must-have essential oils, or our Winter Wonderland AromaBox Essential Oil Kit, which consists of Cardamom Essential Oil, Spruce Essential Oil, Wild Orange Essential Oil, and a Citrus & Spice Roll-On.
- Aroma Diffusers: Give a gift that keeps on giving! Aroma diffusers are perfect for diffusing lovely essential oils throughout the home. If your hostess already uses a diffuser in their home, consider a car diffuser or necklace diffuser for on-the-go aromatherapy.
- Patchouli Clove Soap: This earthy soap has the comforting aroma of cinnamon, clove, vanilla, and patchouli.
Interested in other soap fragrances? Check out our full soap line here.
Christmas-Themed Hostess Gifts
Whether you attend a holiday party or need a festive gift for a white elephant gift exchange, these themed teas are sure to delight!
- Santa’s Milk & Cookies Black Tea: This rich tea is sweet, creamy, and reminiscent of fond childhood memories of Christmas. Your host will surely fall asleep dreaming of sugar plums with this wonderful black tea crafted from red plum petals, sumac berries, safflower petals, and more.
- Gnome’s Noel Rooibos: This adorable tea packs a punch with its darling packaging and holiday flavors. Enjoy the taste of ginger, cinnamon, apple, orange, and cloves to keep warm this winter.
- Chestnut Honeybush Tea: Help your hostess relax after a busy holiday party. This caffeine-free, rich chestnut tea is ideal for a cold autumn or winter night with its sweet honeybush, deep chestnut, and roasted cacao flavors.
- Candy Cane Black Tea: Help your hostess stay warm this winter with a comforting cup of Candy Cane Black Tea. This delicious tea is made from peppermint leaves and candy cane pieces!
Are you unsure if your hostess has a tea infuser? Add a tea infuser to the gift to round it out.
For the Hostess Who Loves to Cook
Is your hostess constantly upping their cooking or baking game with new recipes and flavors?
Gift them a truly unique spice blend to encourage their passion. Who knows, you may even be invited back to try their newest creation!
- Fire Salt (Trinidad Scorpion Pepper Salt): For experienced cooks, who love their food hot, gift them our Fire Salt, made from sea salt and Trinidad Scorpion Peppers. Trinidad Scorpion Peppers are the hottest pepper in the world and will pack a punch for the heat enthusiast in your life.
- Chicken Rub: This time-saving blend is excellent on any chicken dish. The sage and thyme give this blend a traditional taste beloved by many.
- Coconut Sugar Crystals: This truly incredible cane sugar alternative is hand-harvested and can be used as a 1:1 replacement for cane sugar. A fantastic gift for the baker in your family.
- Cheezy Dill & Vinegar Blend: A dairy-free, vegan blend of nutritional yeast with zesty vinegar and dill flavors. Perfect for sprinkling on top of veggies, popcorn, salad, soup, and other savory dishes.
- Cheddar Cheese Popcorn Seasoning: Does your hostess love cheese or popcorn? Gift them an incredibly cheesy popcorn seasoning for easy appetizers, popcorn, nachos, baked potatoes and more.
For more ideas, read our previous article on Amazing Herbal Stocking Stuffers & Gift Ideas for Your Loved Ones.
We hope you have a healthy, safe, and fun holiday season with your friends and family!
Natalie & Leilah