The Herb Stop Blog
Heart Chakra - Herbs, Recipes & Health Tips
"I FOLLOW MY HEART"
What Are Chakras?
Chakras are energy centers in the body through which energy is taken in, dispersed, and released to the surrounding organs. There are 7 major Chakras located invisibly near the 7 endocrine glands. Each Chakra represents a psychological and spiritual quality responsible for your health and well-being, or the lack thereof. Plants, with their vibrational frequencies, are in tune with your body and psyche, and can help you balance, heal and energize your 7 major Chakras.
The Heart Chakra is located between the center of the breastbone, or sternum, in the front of the body, and the spine between the shoulder blades in the back of the body. It is known as the center of love, compassion, and forgiveness. Its element is air. The Heart Chakra activates your emotional center to promote energy circulation, the expression of love and the feeling of empathy, the heart, blood and circulatory system, the thymus gland and the entire immune system. A balanced Heart Chakra allows you to love yourself as well as others; it gives you a sense of peace, serenity, compassion and friendliness. It also encourages you to follow your heart, trusting in the process of life. The Heart Chakra influences:
- The thymus gland
- The center of the chest, arms and hands
- The heart, lungs, breasts, chest, immune system
- The balance of Yin (female) and Yang (male), also known as the Great Balancer, the integration of the upper and lower chakras, feeling of being connected/belonging to others, the ability to heal yourself and others
- The hands and touch
Signs Of A Closed Heart Chakra
- Physically: Infections, high blood pressure, heart and lung disease, asthma, auto-immune disorder
- Emotionally: Jealousy, envy, selfishness, inflated self-importance, feeling restricted or trapped
- Mentally: Unable to say “No” to others
How To Balance Your Heart Chakra
- Eat a plant-based diet, mostly vegetables
- Drink herbal teas made with Hawthorn, Rose petals, Lotus petals, Passionflower, Motherwort
- Swimming is a good exercise to open the Heart Chakra, as well as giving hugs
- Practice deep breathing with a focus on the breath
- Connect to others with an open heart
- If you feel overwhelmed by to many activities it is perfectly alright to say “no” to others
- Have patience and tolerance with others, but if you are too often being taken advantage of, have less patience and tolerance
- Use the Heart Chakra essential oil blend in your lotion, shampoo, conditioner, environment, etc.
- Wear gemstones, such as Emerald, Rose Quartz, Malachite, Pink or Green Tourmaline
- Incorporate the color green or pink into your life
- Learn the balance between giving and receiving
- Meditate regularly, deeply inhaling the color green
- See the good in everyone
- The Heart Chakra integrates the upper and lower Chakras. Learn to balance the energies from above (mind) and below (body) that flows into your heart
- Enjoy playing in the wind, fly a kite, drive a motorcycle, or car with windows open, to nurture your Heart Chakra
Heart Chakra Tea
The Herb Stop has formulated a delicious and health enhancing tea blend to open the Heart Chakra:
- Caramelized Green Apple’s harmonizing delicious flavor is the perfect marriage between Heaven and Earth
- Apple pieces’ sacredness awakens your spirit
- Hawthorn leaf, flower and berry fills your heart with unconditional love for yourself and others
- Rose, the flower of love, opens the floodgates of compassion and understanding
- Motherwort cradles the emotional heart allowing you to surrender to the power of love
- Rosehip, the fruit of the rose bush, has a deep connection to the Heart Chakra. With its soft whispers it asks you to repeat the words: "I Love Who I Am"
Heart Chakra Oil Blend
The Herb Stop has created an oil blend to help you nurture your Heart Chakra, containing essential oils to open the Heart Chakra, such as Rose, Geranium, Spruce, Rosewood, and other essential oils. In the morning, or whenever you need to center yourself, massage a small amount of oil on your Heart Chakra and pulse points. Feel how this oil blend soothes your emotions, allowing you to accept others the way they are.
Love Awareness essence opens the heart center. It helps you to bring out feelings of love. Love of self, love of life, love of reality, love as a whole.
Emotional Heart Healing essence assists you in healing your emotional heart center; healing your own heart center, not others. It is good for people who respond to expectations, always pleasing other people.
This article was written by Leilah of The Herb Stop in Pine, AZ.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products and statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Consult your physician, pharmacist, or herbalist before use.