The Herb Stop Blog
Throat Chakra - Herbs, Recipes & Health Tips
"I SPEAK MY TRUTH"
What Are Chakras?
Chakras are energy centers in the body through which energy is taken in, dispersed, and released to the surrounding organs. There are 7 major Chakras located invisibly near the 7 endocrine glands. Each Chakra represents a psychological and spiritual quality responsible for your health and well-being, or the lack thereof. Plants, with their vibrational frequencies, are in tune with your body and psyche, and can help you balance, heal and energize your 7 major Chakras.
The Throat Chakra is located in the region of the neck and shoulders. Its element is ether. The Throat Chakra is known as the center of self-expression and communication. It connects your thoughts with your feelings, integrating the spiritual self with the physical self. A balanced Throat Chakra stimulates self-expression, creativity, patience, perception, hearing, and the ability to make wise choices and decisions. It allows you to speak clearly and truthfully, being open and honest to yourself and to others. The Throat Chakra influences:
- The thyroid gland and parathyroid
- The neck, shoulders, arms, hands, cervical spine, lower face
- The throat, vocal cords, esophagus
- The ability to verbalize and express your true self, suppression of the true self results in illness, the search for truth, creativity
- The ears and sound
Signs Of A Closed Throat Chakra
- Physically: Sore throat, loss of voice, hoarseness, stiff neck, thyroid problems, hearing problems
- Emotionally: Honesty, dishonesty, criticism, fear, creative block, co-dependency
- Mentally: Unclear thoughts, speaking without thinking
How To Balance Your Throat Chakra
- Eat a plant-based diet, mostly fruits
- Drink herbal teas made with Bayberry, Borage, Chamomile, Peppermint, Red Clover, Skullcap
- Listen to music and sing along
- Take a walk in nature and listen to the harmonious sounds from the natural world
- Have confidence when speaking your truth, say what’s on your mind, and stand up for yourself
- If you feel drained by other people just say “no”
- Communicate with others, call a friend, or write a letter to someone you love
- Use the Throat Chakra essential oil blend in your lotion, shampoo, conditioner, environment, etc.
- Wear gemstones, such as Lapis Lazuli, Aquamarine, Turquoise, Blue Agate
- Incorporate the color blue into your life
- Actively listen to other people and their point of view
- Meditate regularly while listening to light background music, deeply inhaling the color blue
- Share your creative spiritual insights with others
- The Throat Chakra stimulates your interest in spiritual things. Allow this interest to flow outward to stimulate others in the same way
- Keep a journal about your life’s journey
- Spend some time in silence to purify the Throat Chakra
- Find your Life’s work
Throat Chakra Tea
The Herb Stop has formulated a delicious and health enhancing tea blend to open the Throat Chakra:
- Peaches & Cream Honeybush Tea's luscious and mouthwatering taste releases your inhibitions, allowing you to freely express your emotions and thoughts that are waiting to be spoken.
- Peach's juicy flavor unlocks the delightful and creative person you are, to communicate your ideas in an open and honest way
- Red Clover opens and clears the Throat Chakra and your voice becomes crystal clear, encouraging you to only speak your truth
- Skullcap’s relaxing properties clears your thoughts to allow the free flow of self-expression and communication
- Bayberry improves the voice to only speak words of wisdom and intelligence
Throat Chakra Oil Blend
The Herb Stop has created an oil blend to help you nurture your Throat Chakra, containing essential oils to open the Throat Chakra, such as Coriander, Roman Chamomile, Vanilla, and other essential oils. In the morning, or whenever you need to express your ideas to others in a clear and calm way, massage a small amount of oil on your Throat Chakra. Feel how this oil blend unlocks your thoughts and emotions that are waiting to be expressed.
Make It Mine essence stimulates the throat chakra, focusing on any throat conditions, stuttering, and the inability to communicate in large groups.
Speak Your Mind essence opens the throat chakra (expression center) and third eye (clairvoyant center). By stimulating both centers, you have a clearer insight and vocalization of expression. “Speak your mind and walk your path”.
This article was written by Leilah of The Herb Stop in Pine, AZ.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products and statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Consult your physician, pharmacist, or herbalist before use.