The Herb Stop Blog
5 Fun DIY Themed Gift Basket Ideas for the Holidays
The holidays are upon us, and many of us are knee-deep in our holiday shopping already.
You may even have a list of gift ideas, but inevitably, a few people are always hard to shop for. Whether these are the people who seem to already have everything or people we don’t know very well, like our child’s teacher, it can be challenging to pick out gifts.
So, why not score extra points with them by creating a unique and creative gift basket that is sure to wow them! Start by picking out a cute basket, decorative storage box, or another creative container, such as a popcorn holder for a movie night basket!
Movie Night Basket
This is an excellent choice for the movie lover in your life or someone that you don’t know very well (because who doesn’t love a fun movie night!).
Here are some ideas for filling your gift basket:
- Organic Popcorn
- Popcorn seasoning to dress up the popcorn! (We recommend our Cheddar & Spice, Cheddar Cheese, or White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn Seasonings for a delicious addition to the popcorn.)
- A movie or tv series on DVD
- A gift card for a streaming service
- Popcorn baskets
- Crystallized Ginger Chips
- A warming beverage (try our crowd-pleasing Vanilla Black Tea, it’s decaffeinated, so it won’t keep your recipient awake after their movie!)
- A tea infuser (we have tons of fun varieties, including this Elephant Big Brew Infuser and Duck Duck Drink Tea Infuser)
Our “Sweet Dreams” Gift Basket
We’ve all been there. Wide awake in the middle of the night or tossing and turning, but unable to relax. That’s why we wanted to include a “Sweet Dreams” gift basket on this list because nothing is better than a great night of sleep!
We recommend picking a cozy, sleepy beverage and some other ideas from the following to assemble your basket:
- An eye mask to block out any light
- Sweet Dreams Tea: Great for relaxing the mind and reducing nightmares!
- Counting Sheep Tea: This tea contains valerian, honeybush, chamomile, lavender, and more for the ultimate relaxing combination.
- Warm, fuzzy socks (bonus points if they are holiday-themed!)
- A relaxing book to inspire reading, rather than pre-bedtime scrolling or TV, which can keep us awake
- Bath products (Check out our fantastic Anxiety Bath Bags, which are great for relieving stress and tension, and our Valerian & Chamomile Bath Salts, which combine the calming scent of lavender with muscle and nerve soothing valerian and skullcap)
- Lavender Peppermint Roll-On Oil Blend: A calming blend that supports relaxation and overall well-being.
- A small noise machine to provide relaxing background noise
Depending on your budget, you could even add a cozy throw blanket or heated blanket into the mix.
“It’s Italian!” Gift Basket
If you have a chef in your mix, try this culinary gift basket that gives them plenty of delicious ingredients to make many fantastic dinners. All Italian-inspired!
Instead of a traditional gift basket, try placing your items in a colander for added functionality and creativity.
- Spaghetti or pasta
- Tomato sauce
- Italian Seasoning: A delicious blend of Mediterranean spices, including oregano, basil, thyme, and rosemary.
- A recipe book
- Tiramisu Rooibos Tea: This caffeine-free rooibos tea brings the beloved flavors of tiramisu. A warm flavor with notes of espresso, fruit, and yogurt, yum!
- Italian wine
- Olive oil
- Bottle opener
- Oregano Leaf seasoning
- Garlic Granules
- Italian cheese (look for vacuum-sealed, air-tight cheeses that don’t require refrigeration, unless you are giving this gift to them at their house)
- Bruschetta toasts
- Green or Kalamata olives
- Cheese grater
- Cheese knife
- Charcuterie board
Ready for Brunch Gift Basket
Are you staying at someone’s home this holiday season? Consider this fun brunch-themed gift basket for a creative hostess gift.
- Kitchen towels
- Brunch cookbook
- Chocolate Hazelnut Arabica Coffee Leaf Tea: This tea is decadent, with a natural chocolate and hazelnut flavor for those who love a punchy coffee flavor.
- Mini waffle maker
- English Breakfast Black Tea: A delicious classic with caffeine to perk you up in the morning.
- Canadian Breakfast, Eh? Black Tea: Another excellent breakfast blend that has a combination of certified organic luxury black tea from China, India, and Kenya.
- Fresh flowers
- Muffins, breads, or bagels
- Everything Blend Seasoning: The perfect savory seasoning for eggs, bagels, avocados, and other beloved breakfast and brunch foods.
- Pancake or waffle mix
- Maple syrup
- Maple Blueberry Honeybush Tea: A caffeine-free tea option that blends the scrumptious flavors of sweet maple and honeybush with juicy blueberries for the ultimate brunch tea.
- Bacon Buddy: This delicious seasoning contains organic maple syrup granules and mesquite smoked salt. Perfect for bacon, sandwiches, veggies, and more!
The Ultimate “Stress Relief” Gift Basket
Whether they are a stressed-out student, parent, or an individual with a high-pressure job, we all know people who could use something to help them relax and enjoy their days more.
Here are some fun ideas to help your recipient reduce their stress levels:
- An adult coloring book
- Colored pencils or markers
- Stress Tea: A tasty tea that combines organic St. John’s Wort, Lemon Balm, Red Raspberry, Skullcap, and more to relieve the symptoms associated with stress. We recommend drinking this before a demanding day at the office or school.
- A cute, cheerful mug
- A stress ball
- Mellow Me Mist: An aromatherapy blend with bergamot, lavender, and chamomile that is sure to relax and mellow.
- Peace Potion Roll-On Oil Blend: For on-the-go stress relief, this roll-on helps to ease the symptoms associated with stress, anxiety, tension, and feelings of overwhelm.
- Dark chocolate or a favorite treat to make them smile
- A relaxing candle
- Super Healing Lip Balm: We make these in many beautiful scents, ranging from lavender to peppermint to tangerine.
- A journal to brain dump in
- Epsom salt
- A loofah
- Affirmation cards
- A relaxing essential oil (we recommend Lavender Essential Oil or Eucalyptus Essential Oil, which are popular soothing choices)
- Jade Face Massage Roller (to reduce puffiness and tension in the face)
If you’re interested in learning more about facial massages and their many benefits, check out our previous article on the 5 Benefits of Facial Massages here.
We hope this article inspired you to think out of the box for gift ideas this year!
Natalie and Leilah