The Herb Stop Blog
Feel Like a Goddess! The September AromaBox
We all want to feel like goddesses. Rejuvenated, beautiful, and relaxed. However, this time of year can be hectic between back to school, work projects, and the upcoming holidays. So, we decided to make September’s AromaBox perfect for enhancing the goddess you are!
Our September AromaBox contains essential oils that are sure to delight you!
We’ve included Ylang Ylang Essential Oil and Rose Absolute Essential Oil, which are touted as incredible aphrodisiacs enjoyed by many for their relaxing and rejuvenating effects. We also added Neroli Essential Oil which is traditionally used for rejuvenation and soothing stress and anxiety. Many also call it the bringer of joy! Lastly, our Aphrodite Roll-On Essential Oil Blend is known for increasing feminine qualities, uplifting mood, and more.
Today, we’re sharing a breakdown of each of the fabulous essential oils you’ll find in the September AromaBox, their benefits, and recommendations for how to use them in your daily life.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang is known as “the flower of flowers” and has a rich, spicy, sweet, and floral scent profile. Traditionally, Ylang Ylang has been used as a relaxant, euphoric, and aphrodisiac. It’s also said to closely mimic female pheromones, which is why many like to use this in their perfumes, skincare, and haircare, for an aphrodisiac effect.
Here are a few of our top recommendations for using Ylang Ylang Essential Oil:
- Feeling on edge, agitated, panicky, or stressed out? Diffuse this lovely essential oil throughout your home to enhance your mood and promote a more balanced nervous system.
- Add to your shampoos, conditioners, or hair treatments for an extra luxurious treatment. The smell is absolutely beautiful! We recommend always doing a patch test first to check that your scalp and skin respond well to the essential oil.
- Set the Mood. Try spritzing this essential oil on your sheets or diffusing it in your bedroom to set the mood. You can also add a few drops of this essential oil to your favorite perfume or carrier oil.
Rose Absolute in Jojoba Oil
Rose Absolute is sure to make you feel like the passionate, confident goddess you are! It has a sweet, rosy, and flowery scent that many turn to for promoting passion, freedom, and healing from grief or a broken heart. Like Ylang Ylang, Rose Absolute also has a long history of being used to promote an improved mood, reduce stress, and increase love and passion.
Here are a few of our favorite ways to use Rose Absolute Essential Oil:
- Add to your favorite massage oil or bath salts. Plan a romantic date night with your partner or a self-care night for yourself. Add Rose Absolute to your favorite bath salts, massage oil, or soap for a luxurious, relaxing night-in. Rose Absolute Essential Oil is also a well-known aphrodisiac, so don’t be afraid to spritz a little bit of diluted rose oil on yourself, your partner, and your sheets, or diffuse it throughout your home to set the mood.
- Diffuse to ease your pet’s anxiety. Roses are non-toxic for cats and dogs, according to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Rose Absolute is well known for its relaxing smell, which may reduce stress and anxiety in humans and pets. While rose essential oil is considered safe around animals, we always recommend double-checking with your pet’s veterinarian before diffusing essential oils around them as a precaution since every animal is different.
- Add to skin care. Rose Absolute Essential Oil has traditionally been used in many skincare products, especially for sensitive and mature skin. It is said that it may rejuvenate skin cells and is often used today in ultra-hydrating and redness-soothing products.
Neroli Essential Oil in Jojoba Oil
Neroli oil is a carefully created essential oil made from orange blossoms. As such, it’s a gorgeous perfume and smells lovely in skincare products. It’s also traditionally used to relax the mind and body, increase joy, and reduce anxiety, depression, and nervous tension.
Here are a few of our top recommendations for using Neroli Essential Oil:
- Inhalation. Did you know that Neroli oil may reduce high blood pressure? Neroli oil has been used as a relaxing sedative for many years. One study even found that neroli oil decreased participants’ blood pressure and cortisol levels within 24 hours.
- Add to skin care. Neroli oil has many skincare benefits, including promoting fewer breakouts and irritation in the skin. It’s also traditionally used to nourish dry or mature skin types. Check out our anti-wrinkle face oil recipe featuring Neroli Essential Oil here.
- Create a custom essential oil blend. Add Neroli oil and any other essential oils in this month’s box to create a soothing, joyful blend. Additional essential oils we love with Neroli oil include Jasmine, Roman Chamomile, Clary Sage, Lavender, Coriander, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Orange, Petitgrain, and Sandalwood.
Interested in learning more about the benefits of neroli oil? Read our previous piece on neroli oil here.
Aphrodite Roll-On Essential Oil Blend
Last but certainly not least, we’ve included our Aphrodite Roll-On Essential Oil Blend in September’s AromaBox. Aphrodite is the ancient Greek goddess of romantic love and beauty. As such, we created this essential oil blend to enhance sensuality, increase feminine qualities, and lift the mood.
This blend contains Ylang Ylang, Ho Wood, Sage, Orange, and Fir in a beautiful base of luxurious Pure Organic Golden Jojoba Oil.
Here are a few of our favorite ways to use the Aphrodite Roll-On Essential Oil Blend:
- Apply as a perfume. The Aphrodite Roll-On Essential Oil Blend has a beautiful sensual, sweet, and woody scent that is feminine, sensual, and confidence-enhancing. We love wearing this as a pick-me-up, on a date, or whenever we want to feel extra gorgeous!
- Apply to the neck and under the nose to lift your mood. Feeling a little down or insecure? Apply this on your neck, collarbone, and a small dab under your nose to promote greater confidence and improved mood.
- Add a few rolls to your massage oil. Looking for a little something special to add to your date night? Sensual massage with this aromatherapy blend, may be just the thing!
Enjoy the beautiful weather as we enter Autumn. Devote some time today to rejuvenating yourself, whether that looks like reading a good book while diffusing your favorite essential oil or taking a long soak in the bath with some delightfully scented bath salts.
Natalie & Leilah