The Herb Stop Blog
Happy 4th of July! Our Best Summer Herbal Products + 4th of July Recipe!
It’s that time of the year again.
Summer is in full swing, berries are in season, the sun is shining, and we’re getting a little tanner and sweatier.
Summer brings so many beautiful blessings.
Today, we want to highlight some of our favorite summer herbal products to celebrate the wonders of summer and help you cope with some of the less desirable parts of summer, such as sunburns, bug bites, and excessive sweatiness.
The Perfect Summer Teas
Nothing says summer like the taste of ripe berries and fruit.
Here are a few of our favorite summer teas:
- Passion Fruit & Mango Herb & Fruit Tea: This bright tea is fantastic iced and highlights the beautiful, juicy flavors of mangoes and passion fruit. A great caffeine-free option for summer!
- Watermelon Supreme Herb & Fruit Tea: Watermelon may be the ultimate summertime fruit, and this tea combines the sweetness of watermelon with subtle cranberry and hibiscus notes. This tea is fantastic iced and makes a delicious mocktail when you add a bit of lime or mint!
- Summer Roses Black Tea: For those looking for a caffeinated summer tea choice, this is the tea for you! Our Summer Roses Black Tea is light with a subtle rose taste.
- Berry Supreme Herb & Fruit Tea: Amazing both hot and cold, our Berry Supreme Herb & Fruit Tea packs a potent, fruity punch. This tea highlights the sweet flavors of rosehips, hibiscus flowers, apples, and blueberries for the ultimate summer drink.
Our Favorite Summer Skincare and Body Care
Each season brings about different skincare concerns, whether it’s dryness in the winter or sunburns in the summer. Here are a few of our favorite summer skincare products to help you enjoy your best skin and hair while out and about in this beautiful weather!
Oily skin or hair? Jojoba oil is a fantastic oil, rich in vitamin E, which is especially great for those with sensitive or oily skin. Jojoba even helps to heal irritated and inflamed skin conditions, like dermatitis or psoriasis. If you struggle with overly oily hair, jojoba oil can also be a great addition to hair oil treatments!
Sun damage concerns? Every day, our skin must fight back against an onslaught of free radicals, powerful elements, hyperpigmentation, and sun damage. To help with this, we’ve developed our Repairing Vitamin C Serum, which features vitamin C, rosehip seed oil, vitamin E, and a variety of superfruit extracts to give your skin a fighting chance. We recommend using this every morning and evening after cleansing and with sunblock during the day.
Worried about sweatiness? Unfortunately, summer can make us all a little extra sweaty. We recommend one of our 100% natural, vegan, aluminum-free deodorant creams if you want some additional protection. Simply apply a tiny amount of deodorant cream to your underarms after showering or as needed. We currently offer three varieties:
- Aphrodite Deodorant Cream: For a beautiful blend of floral and fresh essential oils combined with a creamy, lightweight deodorant base, try our Aphrodite Deodorant Cream!
- Adonis Deodorant Cream: This deodorant cream offers a fresh citrus and earthy scent thanks to its use of bergamot, ho wood, tangerine, orange, fir, and clove essential oils.
- Evergreen Deodorant Cream: If you enjoy a fresh and fruity scent, the Evergreen Deodorant Cream is the perfect choice for you! This deodorant cream combines cypress, tangerine, and fir essential oils for the ultimate refreshing scent.
Worried about bug bites? The bugs are also out with us on these stunning summer days. If you are concerned about preventing bug bites, try out our fantastic Natural Bug Spray, which contains catnip essential oil. Catnip essential oil is known to be more effective than DEET!
For more information on preventing and treating bug bites with herbal remedies, check out our previous piece on 15 Natural Remedies for Keeping Bugs Away.
Our Top Summer Herbal Products
A few of our favorite summer products that enhance everything from your emotional state, summer foods, and more!
- Summer Essence: This 100% Natural and Vegan Summer Essence helps support anyone going through a tough transition, whether it’s an emotional transition, such as the end of a relationship or career change, or the changing seasons. This essence promotes a broader view on life while centering you emotionally.
- Peppermint Essential Oil: We personally love a cold foot bath to help beat the summer heat. Simply add a few drops of peppermint essential oil to a cold foot bath and enjoy!
- Summer Savory: For a delicious, light spice that elevates the taste of everything from vegetables to potatoes to cheese, try the summer savory spice! It’s close in taste to marjoram and is the main ingredient in many Herbs de Provence spices.
- Bar-B-Quick-Barbeque Seasoning: Summer is the season of barbeque! This must-have barbeque seasoning is robust and adds a pleasant smokiness to your dishes. This spice is sure to please whether you are barbequing vegetables, tofu, meat, or grains.
- Be Cool Roll-on Essential Oil Blend: To help you stay cool, we’ve created a lovely blend of lime, lavender, peppermint, and sage essential oils with a base of pure golden jojoba oil. This cooling blend’s essential oils promote coolness and act as a deodorant to keep you cooler, even on the hottest summer days.
A Refreshing and Fruity 4th of July Dessert
One look at this photo, and we knew that we needed to share this as our pick for a delicious 4th of July recipe! This Summer Berry Pavlova recipe from Feed The Swimmers is a festive, beautiful, and surprisingly light dessert perfect for a sticky summer day.
A pavlova is a dessert with a meringue base topped with scrumptious berries and whipped cream. Despite its stunning and complex look, it’s surprisingly simple to make and uses few ingredients.
Check out the full recipe here.
Thanks for reading! For more information on summer herbal remedies, check out our previous article on herbal remedies for summer fatigue here.
We wish you a very happy 4th of July!
Natalie and Leilah