The Herb Stop Blog
Herb Stop's Herbal Vitamins
I believe your nutrients should come from organic, fresh, GMO-free, whole foods. But sadly, our food today is depleted of life-giving nutrients, even if it is organically grown, because our soil is greatly depleted. Unless you are an experienced farmer or gardener who knows how to prepare a nutrient rich soil, all fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, etc. don't contain enough vitamins, minerals, micro-nutrients, etc. to sustain us and keep us healthy. Although you may be eating organic wholesome foods, you may still not get enough nutrients to keep you healthy. Many years ago Natalie and I became aware of this problem and decided to create an easy to take Herbal Vitamin formula. This formula is made entirely from pure organic vegetables, super-foods, and nutrient-dense herbs, conveniently made into a Veggie capsules. We do not add sugar or sweeteners, no synthetic binders or fillers, and no artificial flavors or colors. Here is the list of ingredients in the Herbal Vitamins:
- Alfalfa - Alfalfa is known to contain all the nutrients one needs to survive. Some of the nutrients that have been identified so far are: vitamins A, C, E, K, calcium, potassium, phosphorous, iron, copper, zinc, niacin, chromium, cadmium, bismuth (these last six ingredients are difficult to find in other foods). Alfalfa is also a good protein source.
- Amalaki - Amalaki is also known as Indian gooseberry, and is high in absorbable, non-acidic vitamin C, which stays in the body for 36 hours. It also contains a good amount of calcium, phosphorus, iron, carotene, vitamin B compAlex, and dietary fiber. It is one of the ingredients in Triphala, a well-known Ayurvedic formula for detoxification and rejuvenation.
- Barley grass - Barley grass contains significant amounts of vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, C, E, folate, an abundance of potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, phosphorous, manganese and zinc. The health benefits of barley grass are numerous. Many of its key nutrients benefit the immune system, stimulates gut-friendly bacteria, alleviates inflammation, protects against UV radiation, prevents signs of aging, fights addictions, reduces acidity in the body, cleanses and detoxifies accumulated toxins in the body.
- Beet root - Beet root is packed with essential nutrients and is a great source of fiber, folate, manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. It is known to support the liver, and according to research published in the journal of the American Heart Association, it may help lower blood pressure. Beet root also contains antioxidant properties. Since Roman times, beet root juice has been considered an aphrodisiac. The juice is a rich source of boron, which plays an important role in the production of human sex hormones.
- Brewer's Yeast - Brewer's yeast is a rich source of B-complex vitamins, chromium, protein, selenium, potassium, iron, zinc, and magnesium. It is known to support the nervous system, enhance the immune system, and helps maintain a healthy skin, hair, eyes, and mouth. Because of its high chromium content, some health care practitioners say that brewer's yeast may be helpful in controlling sugar levels.
- Carrot - Carrots contain beta-carotene, vitamins B, C, D, E, and K, calcium, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, fiber, and traces of other minerals. Carrots have a number of health benefits. Carrots have been linked to lower cholesterol, support the cardiovascular system, and improve eye health.
- Chlorella - Chlorella is a super-food containing a high percentage of easily digestible protein, magnesium, potassium, calcium, folic acid, and other B vitamins, omega-3, and traces of niacin, iron, copper, zinc. Chlorella assists in the release of minerals contained in other foods during digestion. Chlorella is known to be a blood builder and blood purifier.
- Dulse - Dulse contains highly absorbable protein and minerals, such as iodine, iron, calcium, chromium, iron, magnesium, and potassium, as well as vitamins A and C. This seaweed strengthens the bones, supports the thyroid gland, as well as the cardiovascular and nervous system. Dulse is known to be protective against radiation and environmental pollutants.
- Pea protein - Raw pea protein is an all natural, vegetable-based protein powder derived from yellow peas (split peas) which is a hypoallergenic protein with a high bio-availability of 65.4%. Bio-availability is important to consider in choosing a protein because it measures the actual amount of protein deposited per gram of protein absorbed. High bio-availability ensures increased nitrogen retention, enhanced immunity and IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor) stimulation. Raw pea protein is 100% Plant-Based, highly soluble, easy to digest, contains amino acids specifically high in L-Arginine, L-Glutamine & L-Leucine and is gluten, soy and cholesterol free making peas a perfect choice for everyone including vegans and vegetarians.
- Rosehip - Rosehips are high in calcium, chromium, iron, magnesium and potassium, vitamins A and non-acidic vitamin C and bioflavonoids. Rosehips are supportive for kidney and adrenal health.
- Spinach - Spinach is mineral-rich, highly nourishing, and detoxifying. It contains folate, niacin, potassium, and vitamin C. Allegedly, when you eat spinach that has been cooked, you can absorb more of vitamins A and E, protein, fiber, zinc, thiamine, calcium, and iron. A lack of iron can affect how efficiently the body uses energy. This green vegetable contains 250 mg of easily absorbable calcium per cup, excellent for bone and teeth health.
- Spirulina - Spirulina is also a super-food, high in chlorophyll, ferrous oxide (broken down version of iron), calcium, chromium, zinc, magnesium, manganese, potassium, cadmium, lithium, copper, as well as niacin, vitamin A, E, B12, and the entire vitamin B-complex. Some experts say that you can live on Spirulina, the only thing that is missing are carbohydrates. Spirulina is known to stabilize blood sugar, and is an excellent protein source.
- Wheatgrass - Wheatgrass is high in calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium and potassium. It is a rich natural source of vitamins A and C. Wheatgrass has more vitamin C than oranges and twice the vitamin A of carrots. It is exceptionally rich in vitamins E, K, and B-complex, as well as a natural source of laetrile (B-17). Wheatgrass is known to increase oxygen uptake and therefore will give you more energy. Some healthcare professionals say that Wheatgrass protects against the body from many dietary carcinogens.
The Herb Stop's Herbal Vitamins are easy to digest and absorb: Here are some of the benefits you may experience:
- Improves energy, vitality and mental clarity
- Alkalizes the system
- Purifies the blood
- Boosts the immune system
- Balances, repairs, and rebuilds the system
- Promotes a general feeling of well-being
- Promotes tranquility and rest
- Promotes healthy hair, skin and nails
- Balances hormones
- ...and so much more
To have more energy I take two Herbal Vitamins capsules with breakfast and I don't experience that afternoon slump. Some of our customers have also used the Herbal Vitamins as a meal replacement for weight loss, or during a cleansing fast.
The statements in this article have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products and statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. As with all herbs and supplements, consult your doctor, pharmacist or healthcare practitioner before use.