The Herb Stop Blog
How to Reset Your Routine Post Pandemic
After over a year of quarantining, it’s exciting to see a slow but steady return to our everyday routines and habits. As more things open up, we’re starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Some of us have already returned to our workplaces.
Gyms, restaurants, and entertainment venues are opening to the public again.
We’re seeing more and more people out and about, enjoying the lovely spring weather.
To help you with this transition back to the everyday grind, we’ve compiled some tips and tricks to help you get a jumpstart on resetting your routines.
Returning to the Office
As many of us return to working outside our homes again, we may experience a few hiccups.
Between remembering to eat a healthy breakfast in the morning, packing our lunches, and correctly estimating our commute time, there are a couple of steps we can take now to set ourselves up for success.
- Wake up 20 minutes earlier than you think you need to. We all want to sleep as late as possible. However, starting our days off rushed and frantic is a surefire way to set our days off on the wrong foot. Give yourself an extra 20 minutes in the morning to ensure that you have time to eat breakfast and make yourself a cup of tea or coffee.
- Make your commute more enjoyable. After a year of not commuting to work, it may feel strange to spend more time in your car suddenly. Make your commute more enjoyable by playing upbeat music or an audiobook while sipping your favorite tea. Bring your favorite tea along easily with one of our great tea infusers.
- Pack plenty of healthy snacks for the office. Don’t forget to pack plenty of healthy snacks to keep you fueled up and feeling your best during your workday! Check out some of our favorite snacks here.
- Ease yourself back into a healthy sleep routine. Unfortunately, this last year has done a number on many of our sleep routines. Many of us have been staying up later, getting up later, and just feeling more restless with all of the added stress that came with the pandemic. If you’re struggling with your sleep routine, we recommend trying one of our herbal remedies to help reset your sleep. Our Deep Sleep Tea and REM Capsules are particularly popular choices for deep, restful sleep.
On The Go Travel Essentials
As we begin commuting and traveling again, we may find ourselves in need of some easy ways to continue our healthy habits on the go.
Here are a few of our most popular on the go travel essentials:
- Tea Infusers: A must-have for any tea drinker! Our tea infusers come in all shapes and sizes, from our classic mesh tea ball infuser to our Koala-Tea infuser and Purr-Tea Infuser. We have so many tea infuser options that you’re sure to find one that fits your needs perfectly. Check out all of our tea infuser options here.
- Loose Leaf Tea Filters (Empty Tea Bags): You can personalize your own tea bags with the loose leaf tea (or teas) of your choice using these empty tea bags. These are an excellent choice for when you’re on the go and don’t have anywhere to store a tea infuser, such as when you’re traveling, camping, boating, climbing, hiking, or backpacking.
- Ginger: Ginger is well known for its ability to reduce nausea and help with motion sickness. If you’re planning on traveling, we recommend keeping ginger on hand to help you avoid any queasiness. Try our Ginger Root Extract or Crystallized Ginger Chips to help prevent and treat motion sickness.
- Bug Off Products! Whether your summer plans include sitting outside on your porch, by the pool, or traveling, we highly recommend having some products on hand to protect yourself from those irritating, painful bug bites. Check out our latest piece on natural bug off products here.
Returning to the Gym
Many of us struggled when gyms, fitness classes, and other workout facilities were shut down last year. Additional stress is difficult enough to manage on its own without our workout routines being disrupted. Fortunately, many of us are already back or preparing to return to our workout routine now.
If you find yourself needing a boost or a quick meal on the go, try one of our incredible power shakes:
- Fuel Source Power Shake: Need a big boost of energy before your next workout? Our Fuel Source Power Shake is packed with antioxidant-rich fruits to give you energy and replenish your tank. We recommend drinking this right before your workout.
- Building Blocks Power Shake: A potent shake mix chock full of high protein sources, like Brown Rice Protein, Maca, Almond, and Spirulina. This shake is a great choice for a post-workout refuel.
- Power Up Power Shake: For a vegetable rich boost of energy, try our Power Up Power Shake. This shake is designed to provide you with plenty of nutrients to boost your energy levels.
- Super Women Power Shake: This power shake is packed with nutrients that support women’s hormones and boost energy during workouts. Super Women Power Shake also includes Rhodiola, which supports the body while it undergoes stress.
All of these shake mixes can be added to oatmeal, breads, yogurt, and cereals too! The sky is the limit for what you can add these to. Our Power Up Power Shake is especially good sprinkled on top of veggies and sandwiches, or added to salad dressings or sour cream!
As you return to your regular routines, we hope that these suggestions and tips will help you make a smoother transition.
Stay safe, healthy, and happy! Our thoughts are with you.
Natalie & Leilah