The Herb Stop Blog
Summer Zodiac Signs: Strengths, Struggles, and Herbal Remedies For Balancing Your Astrological Sign
Summer is a bright time of year that brings positivity, joy, and hope for the future. People who have a summer zodiac sign as their sun sign or other prominent parts of their chart are warm, fun-loving, and spirited. Many also have a strong desire for freedom and adventure.
Cancers, Leos, and Virgos are the summer zodiac signs. Today, we will be covering the strengths and weaknesses of these summer zodiac signs, along with some fantastic ways that you can support yourself with herbal remedies. Whether you have one of these signs as a sun sign, a significant part of your chart, or simply share some of the same traits or struggles, this article will give you some great ideas for supporting your mind and body!
Don’t worry - We will be covering each zodiac sign season this year. Our Spring Zodiac piece is already out for your reference.
P.S. If you’re not familiar with your entire birth chart, we recommend checking out your free horoscope here, which gives a greater overview of your whole personality.
June 21st - July 22nd
Your Element: Water
Ruling Planet: Moon
Common Cancer strengths:
- A goofy sense of humor
Common Cancer weaknesses:
- Overly sensitive
- Slow to forgive
- Prone to digestive issues
Cancers have many layers and can be challenging to get to know. Despite this, they create deep, lasting friendships because these nurturing folks are loyal, protective, and devoted to their loved ones. Cancers have deep, intense emotions and benefit from herbs to balance their stronger feelings.
Physically, Cancers may be more susceptible to digestive problems, such as indigestion and constipation. They may also face issues with the reproductive system, mood, and sensitive gums or teeth. Cancers are best supported by herbs that encourage a more balanced mood, robust digestive system, and fortified reproductive system.
We recommend the following Cancer herbal remedies to support yourself:
- Cancer Tea: Our Cancer Tea melds together a delicious selection of ingredients from chocolate and caramel rooibos, jasmine, pink roses, and Rhodiola. Jasmine and eleuthero root soothe and support the sensitive hormones and emotions of the Cancer. Rhodiola encourages a stronger intuition and wise outlook. We’ve also included chrysanthemum and pink roses, which lifts and soothes the intuitive, emotional, and romantic Cancer.
- Cancer Roll-On Oil Blend - The Empathic: Our delightful Cancer essential oil blend includes lavender, grapefruit, jasmine, bay laurel, muhuhu, and tobacco absolute essential oils. Massage this oil into your pulse points, abdomen, and anywhere else that you’d like additional balancing.
- Cancer - The Empathic Essential Oil Kit: Our Cancer essential oil box includes White Grapefruit Essential Oil, White Camphor Essential Oil, Tobacco Absolute Essential Oil, and our Cancer The Empathic Roll-On. This is an excellent choice for yourself or a fellow Cancer looking for it all!
July 23rd - August 22nd
Your element: Fire
Ruling Planet: Sun
Common Leo strengths:
- Great at working a crowd
Common Leo weaknesses:
- Needs a lot of positive reinforcement
- May become angry easily
- May act spoiled
- Prone to heart and arterial problems
Leos are dramatic, playful, and easily light up a room wherever they go. It’s impossible to ignore the delightful and magnetic Leo, who is difficult to resist or say no to. However, these natural-born leaders can be impatient and may become angry quickly. This can be hard on their heart, making them more susceptible to circulatory issues.
Leo’s naturally bright burning fire can get out of control, increasing their risk of certain health problems. Breathing exercises may help Leos calm their body and strengthen the lungs. The best herbal remedies for Leos support their circulatory system, fiery nature, and respiratory system.
We recommend the following Leo herbal remedies to support yourself:
- Leo Tea: Our Leo Tea is a scrumptious, bright blend of island fruit rooibos, safflower, linden, elderflower, hawthorn, and osmanthus. We created our Leo Tea with explosive, playful flavors to support the lively, powerful nature of Leos. Linden supports the circulatory system, while elderflower encourages improved immunity.
- Leo Roll-On Oil Blend - The Bold: Like Leo’s nature, this roll-on oil blend is bold with its combination of coffee, Peru balsam, cardamom, cinnamon, and beeswax essential oils.
- Leo - The Bold Essential Oil Kit: This essential oil kit contains everything a Leo needs to support their passionate nature: Bay Laurel Essential Oil, Petitgrain Essential Oil, Steam Distilled Lime Essential Oil, and the Leo The Bold Roll-On.
If you’re looking for further information about supporting your zodiac sign with herbal remedies, check out our book on Botanicals and Signs of the Zodiac.
August 23rd - September 22nd
Your element: Earth
Ruling Planet: Mercury
Common Virgo strengths:
Common Virgo weaknesses:
- Tendency to be a perfectionist
- May appear unfeeling or cold
- Prone to busywork
- May take things personally
- Susceptible to nervous breakdowns due to overthinking
The highly organized Virgo is practical, analytical, and hard-working. These incredible individuals are also wonderfully sensible, reliable, and patient.
However, their meticulous minds can make them prone to overthinking and worrying, which may lead to nervous system issues. Virgos may struggle to keep their surroundings organized, despite their highly organized mind. Physically, Virgos are more susceptible to issues with their nervous system, liver, solar plexus, and intestines.
We recommend the following Virgoan herbal remedies to support yourself:
- Virgo Tea: Our Virgo Tea is supportive for those under the sensitive and intuitive planet, Mercury. This Citrus Rooibos Tea is delicious and contains skullcap, eleuthero, oats, milk thistle, kiwi, lemongrass, marshmallow, and fennel to support the Virgo’s intense nature.
- Virgo Roll-On Oil Blend - The Organizer: This roll-on oil blend contains relaxing lavender, bergamot, vetivert, and melissa to calm the nervous, intense Virgo nature. We recommend rubbing this into your solar plexus, pulse points, or anywhere else that you need extra balancing.
- Virgo - The Organizer Essential Oil Kit: Our Virgo kit contains everything a Virgo needs to relax and unwind. In it, you’ll find Organic Eucalyptus Essential Oil, Oregano Essential Oil, Lemongrass Essential Oil, and, of course, our Virgo The Organizer Roll-On.
We hope today’s piece on the summer zodiac signs gave you plenty of ideas for how to support and encourage your strengths. Stay tuned for our upcoming fall and winter zodiac pieces!
Natalie & Leilah