The Herb Stop Blog
The Top 10 Herbs with the Best Health Benefits
Flavor and Health, All Wrapped Into One
When it comes to herbs and spices, there’s absolutely no doubt that we all have our favorites. Additionally, there are some combinations of herbs and spices that are simply a match made in heaven. Regardless of the flavor profile you’re looking for or attempting to create, there’s no doubt that these top ten herbs not only offer joy for the palette, but health benefits that your body will appreciate as well.
Here are the Top 10 Herbs That Offer the Best Flavor as well as Health Benefits
- Sage - Sage offers powerful health benefits by improving brain function.Recent research has shown that Sage can significantly improve the memory and brain function by inhibiting the breakdown of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter in the brain.
- Turmeric - Turmeric contains a chemical called curcumin which is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory and helps fight oxidative damage, the main mechanism behind aging.
- Cinnamon - This powerful spice is very popular with baking, but can be used in many different things. Cinnamon is known to help reduce the risk of diabetes, as it contains cinnamaldehyde which is an anti-inflammatory that aids in lowering cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Holy Basil - Holy basil is great for improving the strength of your immune system, while also helping to fight infections. It does so by inhibiting the growth of bacteria, molds, and yeasts.
- Rosemary - Rosmarinic acid, the active ingredient in rosemary, is said to suppress allergic responses and reduce nasal congestion.
- Ginger - Ginger is said to have anti-inflammatory properties, allowing it to aid with many different issues. One of the main health benefits it has to offer is that it significantly reduces nausea. It also aids in pain management, similar to that of aspirin.
- Cayenne - When it comes to cayenne, the active ingredient in capsaicin, which contains anti-inflammatory properties that aid in pain relief. It also reduces appetite, while also increasing fat burning.
- Garlic - Allicin, the most important and active ingredient in garlic, has been known throughout history to offer health benefits. It can combat sickness and colds, while also helping to improve heart health.
- Echinacea - Similar to the herbs we’ve mentioned before, Echinacea is said to improve immunity and reduce cold symptoms when a virus is present.
- Tea-Tree Oil - The Tea-Tree is a native plant of Australia and offers many health benefits for the skin, helping to treat acne, athlete’s foot, and other skin conditions.
Where You Can Buy These Beneficial HerbsIf you’re looking to improve your health and would like to do so in a natural way, using herbs and spices is a great way to do so. It’s clean, it’s dependable, and it’s safe. With that said, it’s important to continue doing research on everything regarding herbal remedies, and it’s equally important to research the quality and integrity of those products as well.
With Herb Stop, you can rest assured that all of the health products, herbal remedies, and oils are well vetted.
Get started on your journey to better health and start shopping online or in our store today!