The Herb Stop Blog
Top 3 Herbal Nootropics For Improving Your Memory & Mental Clarity
We’ve all been there.
You walk into a room and can’t remember what you came into the room for.
Maybe, you blanked and forgot about an important work deadline.
Or perhaps, you thought you had texted a friend “happy birthday” but hadn’t.
It happens to the best of us. Fortunately, there are many ways to enhance and improve your memory and mental sharpness.
To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best nootropics for improving your memory. If you’re unfamiliar with the term nootropic, it’s simply put any drug or supplement that claims to enhance mental and cognitive function, such as improving memory, focus, clarity, and even creativity.
Memory Boosting Nootropics
Ginkgo is one of the oldest plants on our planet and has a lot of research backing its claim to improve memory, clarity, and focus. A recent study found that Gingko was helpful for those experiencing mild cognitive impairment, which the study defined as a state between normal cognitive functioning and dementia. In four randomized trials completed by this study, individuals struggling with mild cognitive impairment showed improvements in their recall, memory, concentration, and recognition.
Another study found that participants who took Ginkgo for six weeks had significantly improved mental recall when compared to the placebo group who did not take Ginkgo.
Interested in adding Gingko to your diet? Try one of these great herbal nootropics out:
- Gingko Capsules: Our Gingko Capsules are 100% pure, natural and vegan. Our capsules are designed to give you an easy way to incorporate Gingko into your diet so that you can support healthy memory function and improved circulation.
- Brain Tea: This woodsy, satisfying tea not only tastes fantastic but it’s packed with Gingko and other brain-supporting ingredients. We especially recommend this to our clients looking to focus the mind. If you struggle with hyperactivity or a scattered mind, this is an excellent option for soothing the mind while increasing your mental focus and clarity.
- Quick Thought Capsules: For those wanting to support their memory, mental endurance, and stamina, our Quick Thought Capsules are a great choice. Our Quick Thought Capsules not only include Ginkgo but a variety of other supportive ingredients such as peppermint (keep reading for more information on peppermint’s amazing benefits!).
- Expanded Memory Power Shake: This shake supports improved brain function and memory and is great for giving you a boost in the morning. Packed with Ginkgo, Rosemary, Rhodiola, Peppermint, and many other nootropics sure to enhance your mind. Try this in your shake, juice, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, bread, and more!
Mint may not be the first ingredient you think of when it comes to improving brain health. However, one study showed that the aroma of peppermint enhanced memory and improved alertness in study participants who were tested using a cognitive drug research computerized assessment battery.
Participants exposed to a peppermint aroma performed better than those exposed to no aroma or the aroma of ylang ylang (although those exposed to ylang-ylang did report increased calmness).
We personally love the smell of peppermint! Here are a few of our favorite peppermint herbal products that will allow you to reap the benefits of inhaling a peppermint smell:
- Mint Black Tea: Our Mint Black Tea is made from peppermint leaves, giving it a prominent peppermint aroma. On top of that, this tea is caffeinated, making it a great option to boost your alertness.
- Peppermint Essential Oil: Our Organic Peppermint Essential Oil is a terrific way to introduce the invigorating aroma of peppermint to your home. Use this essential oil in a diffuser, added to a lotion or soap, or applied directly to the back of your neck and temples.
- Peppermint Tea: Our Peppermint Tea is a delicious, energizing beverage for those who prefer a caffeine-free option. Not only is this an excellent choice for enhancing your memory, but Peppermint Tea is known to be fantastic for relaxing the stomach and reducing nausea.
This delicious herb is also fantastic for improving cognitive function, especially when it comes to memory. One study took twenty healthy volunteers and tested them when they were exposed to the aroma of rosemary. After being exposed to the smell of rosemary, these participants showed marked improvement in concentration and memory. Scientists are even working on using rosemary to help those with Parkinson’s disease and protect against cognitive decline.
Rosemary is highly versatile as it can be used in so many different ways. Here are a few of our favorite ways to incorporate rosemary into your life:
- Memo Right Capsules: Our Memo Right Capsules are the complete package for improving your memory and energy. Between the rosemary, ginkgo, and peppermint, you’ll be all set when it comes to supporting your memory and mental clarity!
- Rosemary Leaf Ground: An easy way to incorporate rosemary into your diet is by using it to season your food. Not only does it add a unique, woody flavor to your food, but the aroma isn’t lost during cooking, allowing you to enjoy the beautiful smell of rosemary during the cooking and eating process.
- Rosemary Essential Oil: Try adding Rosemary Essential Oil to your favorite aromatherapy diffuser or carrier oil, lotion, soap, or bath salt to reap the cognitive boosting benefits of rosemary.
- Study Buddy Herb & Fruit Tea: Planning on studying or doing some intense mental work? Try our Study Buddy Herb & Fruit Tea for a boost of energy and a sharpened mind for a long work session.
If you’re interested in learning more about nootropics (including alternatives for boosting motivation and decreasing fatigue), check out our previous piece on the Top 6 Herbal Nootropics For Improving Mental Focus & Nerve Health here.
We hope this piece gave you some ideas on how to enhance your memory and mental clarity using some spectacular herbal nootropics.
Leilah & Natalie