The Herb Stop Blog
What are the Best Essential Oils For Boosting Your Spirits?
Many of us have been feeling additional stress due to recent events over the last year.
Unfortunately, this additional stress can make it more challenging to stay optimistic and positive, which is why today we’re going to be discussing the essential oils we recommend for boosting your mood and supporting yourself during these turbulent times.
How to Use Essential Oils
Essential oils have been used for thousands of years throughout many cultures and may provide many different benefits from anxiety relief, mental clarity, pain relief, and improved sleep. Essential oils have many ways that they can be applied and used to benefit your life.
Here are a few ways that you can use essential oils to boost your mood:
- Aromatherapy bath: We recommend adding five to ten drops of skin-safe essential oil and carrier oil blend to bathwater and enjoying a long soak. An aromatherapy bath can be especially beneficial for achiness or tension.
- Steam Inhalation: Try adding two to three drops of an essential oil to a bowl of hot water, then cover your head and the bowl with a towel. Take several deep breaths and repeat. Steam inhalation is a great way to recreate a “sauna” experience and relax the mind and body.
- Diffusers: Essential oils can be added to a diffuser, which will then spread the scent throughout your home.
- Skincare and haircare: Essential oils can be added to a shampoo or conditioner or a body spray (we recommend about 10 - 15 drops into a two-ounce spray bottle, make sure you don’t spray your eyes!)
- Perfume: Dab a few drops of essential oil diluted in a carrier oil onto your neck, wrist, and décolletage for a pleasant smell to keep you company throughout your day.
These are just a couple of the ways that you can incorporate essential oils into your everyday life. Now, let’s discuss some of our favorite essential oils and what they are best at promoting.
Essential Oils For Anxiety Support and Relaxation
It’s challenging to feel positive or optimistic when you’re experiencing high levels of stress and anxiety. Certainly, no one likes dealing with anxiety and stress, which is why we suggest using one of the following essential oils to soothe the symptoms associated with anxiety and stress.
A pleasant bath, steam inhalation session, or using one of the following essential oils as a perfume may be beneficial to take the edge off throughout the day.
- Geranium Essential Oil: Geranium has a plethora of amazing benefits. Geranium essential oil is commonly used to aid the symptoms associated with depression, anxiety, and tension. Along with this, it may promote an uplifted and energized mood. If you’re looking for an essential oil to support anxiety without a sedative effect, try geranium essential oil out!
- Bergamot Essential Oil: Our bergamot essential oil is made from the peel of the small, pear-shaped Italian citrus fruit named after Bergamo, Italy. Bergamot may have immunity and anti-inflammatory benefits, and it’s known for being a very joyful smell that is relaxing and refreshing to many. Try using bergamot essential oil when you’re feeling overstrained or anxious to help soothe and uplift your mental state.
- Peace In A Bottle Anointing Oil: Peace In A Bottle Anointing Oil was designed to provide support during times of high stress. Many have found this blend to be particularly relaxing when applied to the bottom of the feet before bed. If you’re struggling to sleep, this may be an excellent blend for you!
- Lavender Peppermint Roll-On Oil Blend: This combination of 100% pure lavender and peppermint essential oil within a base of pure golden jojoba oil packs a potent blend designed to help with relaxation and overall wellbeing. If you’re looking for a refreshing yet relaxing blend, we’ve got you covered with this one!
- Lavender Essential Oil: Possibly the most well-known essential oil, lavender is known for its relaxing, pain-relieving, anti-inflammatory, and balancing properties. Many herbalists recommend lavender for nervous tension, mild depression, insomnia, and irritability - all things we may experience during periods of high stress. If you’re unsure where to start, lavender is a classic choice for relaxation.
Essential Oils For Optimism and Positivity
When we’re experiencing increased stress, our positivity and optimism can take a hit. Here are a few of our favorite essential oils for giving ourselves a boost:
- Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil: Pink grapefruit essential oil is commonly known for its stimulating and possible antidepressant effects. Emotionally, it’s known for its incredible ability to uplift and revive the spirit. Many people find this clean, bright, fresh scent to be uplifting and cheerful.
- White Grapefruit Essential Oil: If you prefer an even stronger scent, white grapefruit essential oil is a more robust alternative to pink grapefruit essential oil and has many of the same benefits, including promoting a positive and joyful mood.
- Bliss Essential Oil Blend: Made from a combination of pure essential oils of sweet orange, clary sage, neroli, ylang-ylang, and spruce, Bliss Essential Oil is designed to boost your spirit, inspire confidence, and lighten your mood.
- Peace Potion Essential Oil Blend: For those of you struggling to choose, the Peace Potion Essential Oil Blend is a great pick! This essential oil blend combines bergamot, orange, lavender, ylang-ylang, vanilla, cedarwood, and more to bring you a calming, peaceful mix. Use this blend to center your mind, emotions, and body.
If you’re struggling to choose between the many incredible essential oils available for improving the symptoms associated with anxiety and increasing feelings of positivity and optimism, check out our Essential Oil Starter Kit.
Our Essential Oil Starter Kit has eight of the most necessary essential oils stored in a beautiful, locally made, organic wooden box. Great as a gift or for travel!
The Essential Oil Starter Kit contains:
- Clove Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Oregano Essential Oil
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Tea Tree Essential Oil
Lavender, Eucalyptus, Sweet Orange, and Peppermint are especially relaxing choices, but this is a beautiful way to try various essential oils and see what relaxes you the most!
We hope this piece gave you some ideas for some ways that you can improve the symptoms associated with anxiety and give your mood a boost, even during these stressful times.
With Much Love,
Leilah & Natalie