The Herb Stop Blog
December's AromaBox - How To Use Your Essential Oil Subscription Box
Essential oils have so many benefits, from using essential oils in your diffuser, carrier oils, perfumes, body care, and more. We love essential oils!
To share our favorites with you, we’ve curated a quarterly essential oil subscription box that features absolutely incredible essential oils. If you’ve received our most recent box, or are interested in peeking into what our subscribers are getting, keep reading to learn more about the benefits and recommended uses for these beautiful essential oils.
Coffee Essential Oil
Our Coffee Essential Oil will not only wake you up quickly with the smell of rich, roasted Arabica coffee but it can be used for a variety of other functions. Although the smell of coffee is stimulating, many may also find this to be a warming, soothing scent to diffuse throughout their home. This Coffee Essential Oil is blended with Organic Golden Jojoba Oil and is 100% natural, pure, vegan, and is safe for food and flavor use.
Here are some of our top recommendations for using your Coffee Essential Oil:
- Add to a sugar scrub, lotion, salves, soaps, carrier oils, bath salts, or other body care products for an invigorating boost. Make sure that you always dilute essential oil before use.
- To cover and remove odors. Coffee is excellent for absorbing other smells in the environment. This is due to the nitrogen in coffee, which helps neutralize odors in the air around it quickly. Coffee also has a strong, pleasant scent which will provide a desirable fragrance to your space.
- Added to a lip balm. Our Coffee Essential Oil will make for a delicious smelling and stimulating lip balm!
- Use as a pick-me-up. If you love the smell of coffee to wake you up, use our Coffee Essential Oil in a diffuser or massage oil for an instant boost.
- A sensual aphrodisiac. Many people love the smell of coffee and find it to have aphrodisiac-like effects. Try adding this to a carrier oil or perfume. We recommend blending it with cardamon for a warm, spicy, and alluring scent.
- Combined with other essential oils. We recommend adding Coffee Essential Oil to Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Vanilla, and more. Whether you dilute Coffee Essential Oil and use it in your food or use it to create a beautiful candle or personalized scent, we’re sure you’ll be delighted with the results!
Are you looking for more inspiration on boosting your mood with essential oils? Check out our previous piece on uplifting essential oils here.
Peppermint Essential Oil
Not only is peppermint a quintessential essential oil that everyone should have, but the minty scent is perfect for winter! Peppermint Essential Oil is an absolute must-have for its many unique uses and health benefits.
Peppermint Essential Oil is known for being cooling, stimulating, and refreshing.
Here are a few notable benefits and uses for Peppermint Essential Oil:
- Reducing nausea. There is ample research showing that Peppermint Essential Oil can help to relieve nausea. One study even found that inhaling peppermint essential oil vapor decreased the severity of nausea and the frequency of vomiting in people recovering from surgery.
- Add to a bubble bath. Are you looking for the ultimate, relaxing bath? Add two to five drops of Peppermint Essential Oil with a carrier oil blend to your bath water and enjoy a long soak in the tub. We find this especially effective for those who are tense or achy. This will give the body a very cooling and tingly feeling. If you prefer your bath without feeling cool, replace this essential oil with Spearmint.
- Helping with digestion and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) symptoms. Some research has shown that those suffering from IBS, a condition that causes diarrhea, abdominal pain, and constipation, can use peppermint to help ease their symptoms. Researchers believe that the menthol in Peppermint Essential Oil helps decrease abdominal spasms because menthol has been shown to block calcium movement in the intestinal membranes.
- Reduce your headaches with Peppermint Essential Oil. We recommend applying Peppermint Essential Oil to the back of your neck and your temples to ease headaches. This has a stimulating and cooling effect on the skin, which many will find refreshing!
- Combined with other amazing essential oils. Our favorite pairings are Peppermint Essential Oil with Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon, Tea Tree, Basil, and Rosemary essential oils. The possibilities are endless though! We recommend experimenting with scents to find one that makes you feel amazing.
Cocoa Absolute Essential Oil
In this quarter’s box, we included our Cocoa Absolute Essential Oil Infused in Organic Golden Jojoba Oil, which has the beautiful smell of a luxurious bar of Swiss Chocolate. We love that this essential oil is also food safe and can be used as a flavor.
Here are some of our favorite ways to use the Cocoa Absolute Essential Oil:
- Diffuse throughout your home. Perfect for a date night or self-care night! Who doesn’t love the beautiful smell of chocolate wafting through the air?
- Added to body care products. Add this to your lotion, massage oil, bath salts, soaps, and more. This essential oil is already in a carrier oil, so you don’t need to add it to another oil before adding it to your bath, lotion, etc.
- Providing extra antioxidant properties. Cocoa is known for its excellent antioxidant properties. Using cocoa essential oil can be a way to increase your exposure to antioxidants, which are believed to reduce your risk of disease.
- Combined with other incredible essential oils. Some of our favorite pairings include Cinnamon, Orange, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Ginger, and Coffee.
The Bold Roll-On Essential Oil Blend
To help you start the year off boldly, we included The Bold Roll-On Oil Blend, which promotes boldness and gives a feeling of “I SHINE” when used. Our blend consists of the powerful smells of coffee, cardamom, Peru balsam, cinnamon, and beeswax absolute essential oils, all within a base of Organic Golden Jojoba Oil.
Our The Bold Roll-On Essential Oil Blend targets our fiery nature and helps to keep our fire in check because too much fire can lead to health problems, especially when it comes to the heart and circulation. This blend is excellent for those looking to boost their self-confidence, motivation, and assertiveness.
To use this, we recommend massaging a small amount of this oil into your pulse points, upper spine, or anywhere that you need balancing.
We hope this article gave you some great ideas for ways that you can use your essential oils from this quarter’s essential oils subscription box!
Natalie & Leilah