The Herb Stop Blog
Have a Happy Valentine's Day
Valentine’s Day is February 14th, in the dead of winter, so I thought we should heat things up a bit.
Everyone desires love. It is human nature. For those of you lucky enough to have found true love, cherish it, as it is the most precious of gifts. For those still looking for love, when it finally arrives, it will certainly be worth the wait. In the meantime, our trusted herbal friends can help you enhance your love life or attract someone special.
Love Is In The Air
Certain aromas can act as an aphrodisiac. In fact, that is what the perfume industry is based on – creating a scent that will attract others and make us feel better about ourselves.
Here is a list of essential oils that have the potential to make us feel warm, romantic and love-able, and promote feelings of self-confidence and well being. These essential oils can be used in aromatherapy diffusers, massages lotions, or can be simply used as a personal perfume. For the greatest effect, perfumes should be applied behind the ears, décolleté, inside the wrists, or into the hair.
- Bergamot can coax you out of depression and make you feel more alive. For the “not-tonight – I – have – a -headache” syndrome.
- Black Pepper warms the heart, stimulates the body and the mind. It is also thought to give men stamina.
- Cardamom evokes the natural man’s erotic nature and sexual being.
- Cedarwood relaxes the analytical mind.
- Clary Sage is euphoric and stimulates the sensual side of you. An excellent essential oil to use for PMS.
- Jasmine is seductive, brings out hidden desires and fantasies. Hypnotic and euphoric. Boosts confidence. Ideal for frigidity.
- Nutmeg promotes desire and availability. In the perfume industry it is known as being provocative, yet calming.
- Patchouli is earthy and masculine. An antidote for indifference; it reaches down into the emotions. The “Hippie-Time” fragrance.
- Rose is an aphrodisiac of pure love, euphoric and intensely feminine; it brings out your truest feelings.
- Vetivert relaxes deeply felt feelings and fears. Added to perfumes to enhance sexuality and sensuality.
- Ylang Ylang is exotic, exciting and stimulates the senses. Helps dispel anger and /or fear.
Celebrate Life and make everyday warm, nurturing and communicative with that special person in your life. Some of the following herbs are known to have aphrodisiac properties; others may just relax tension and stress, or strengthen an exhausted and depressed person. They can be brewed up alone into a tea or mixed into an herbal formula. They can also be added to foods and drinks. Be creative!
- Damiana is also known as Turnera aphodisiaca, suggesting it has been used as an aphrodisiac. These fragrant leaves have been used by ancient Aztecs as a most powerful sexual tonic and stimulant. It is also used as an anti-depressant and urinary antiseptic.
- Oats have been eaten throughout the ages to strengthen the entire body and to increase vigor and vitality. They are nourishing to the nervous system, are considered an excellent nerve tonic, and may have an anti-depressant effect.
- Roses have long been given as gifts as an instantaneous aphrodisiac and an acknowledgement of desirability and passion.
Herb Stop Essential Oil Blends and Roll-On
- Adonis is made with essential oils that are know to be sensual, powerful, encourage confidence, lift mood and for increasing the masculine. Adonis' exotic blend of essential oils makes it a lovely cologne, or perfume, as well.
- Aphrodite is made with essential oils that are know to be sensual, encourage confidence, lift mood and for increasing the feminine. Aphrodite's exotic blend of essential oils makes it a lovely perfume as well.
- Love Potion was created for encouraging feelings of love and desire. The thoughtfully selected essential oils are known to act as aphrodisiacs and lend feelings of confidence, self love and feeling desired. This roll-on also makes a fantastic perfume - oh la la!
Herb Stop Massage Oils
The euphoric properties in the Intimacy Oil alleviate symptoms associated with sexual anxiety, facilitates lovemaking by lulling the mind and warming the body. For people whose work involves a high degree of pressure and mental strain, they often find it difficult to relax and fully inhabit their sensuality.
Diffuse this perfectly blended most exquisite oil into the air and experience heaven on earth! Turn down the light, play some soothing music and inhale this intoxicating oil blend to enter a most euphoric and blissful state of being.
Herb Stop Teas
- Love Tea is a wonderful tea for to encourage those romantic moments.
- Love In A Cup Tea ingredients are caramel, almond, vanilla cream. Need we say anymore?
- Heart Chakra Tea activates your emotional center to promote energy circulation, the expression of love and the feeling of empathy.
- Romance Black Tea starts with the perfect combination of elements. The sultry flavors of raspberry and chocolate meld together with black tea in this amorous blend. Aphrodisiac? Maybe. Delicious? Absolutely!
- , - Luxurious fresh-dipped chocolate covered strawberries and premium Ceylon black tea. How romantic!
Sensuous, Seductive Foods
Did you know that seeds and nuts have long been associated with fertility, abundance, and potency? Pine nuts and almonds were favored aphrodisiacs of the Romans and Arabs. Pumpkin seeds are loaded with zinc and good for men’s prostate gland. Eat alone or add them to your foods.
Recently, chocolate has been much advertised as an anti-oxidant and to promote good feelings.
- 3 oz butter (soft) or coconut oil
- 4 oz powdered sugar
- 4 oz chocolate (melted)
- 2 tbs. damiana extract
Mix together, form into mouth size balls and roll them in cinnamon and cardamom.
Written by Leilah