The Herb Stop Blog
Must-Have Herbal Products for Traveling
As we approach spring and summer, many of us are already daydreaming about traveling.
Whether it’s taking the kids on a summer vacation, going on an anniversary trip, or taking a solo trip to the mountains, travel is a lot of fun, but it can be exhausting and hard on the body and mind.
To ensure you have a great time on your travels, we always recommend looking into some supportive herbs to give yourself that extra boost so that you can enjoy your next adventure!
Immune Supporting Herbs
Traveling is fun but draining, no matter how much you try to stick with your sleep schedule and maintain healthy habits. As a result, we often take extra immune-supporting herbs to promote a healthy immune system while we travel so our bodies can better fight off anything that comes our way.
Here are a few of our favorite herbal immune-supporting supplements for travel:
- Personal Immunity Capsules: Our Personal Immunity Capsules contain eleuthero root, amalaki fruit, astragalus, and other supportive herbs for a healthy immune response. Many of our clients have taken this to help with the onset of a cold or to mitigate a cold caused by stress or exhaustion - perfect for traveling!
- Immune Enhancer Extract: This traditional formula contains echinacea, aerobic oxygen, chamomile, and almonds to support and boost your immune system. Add seven drops daily to your water to help yourself while you’re on the go. This formula may also support sinus drainage, which may cause a popping sound in your ears.
- Immuni-Tea: Keep yourself hydrated with this supportive tea! It contains chamomile, red clover, and almonds to soothe your body and promote a stronger immune system.
- Viral Defense Capsules: Containnig a huge number of powerhouse herbs, including cayenne, echinacea, and more, our Viral Defense Capsules are great if you want to stimulate your immune system and promote greater viral resistance. These herbs are also traditionally used to fight flu-like symptoms, stomach problems, and chest congestion - all of which aren’t uncommon while traveling!
Herbal Remedies for Motion Sickness
Ginger is a frequently used herbal remedy for motion sickness, but does it really work?
After all, nobody wants to risk feeling ill on a plane, in the car, or on the water when you’re trying to have a fantastic time!
The good news is that ginger has been shown to alleviate nausea associated with motion sickness.
One study showed that ginger delayed the onset of nausea, reduced overall nausea, and shortened the recovery time after motion sickness. Another research study even showed that ginger was more effective than Dramamine, a commonly used motion sickness medication.
Interested in trying ginger for motion sickness? Here are a couple of our favorite ways to incorporate ginger into our travel routines:
- Ginger Capsules: If you find taking capsules convenient, try our Ginger Capsules to support occasional nausea and motion sickness symptoms.
- Tummy Soothe Roll-On Oil Blend: This essential oil blend contains soothing essential oils like ginger, lemon, chamomile, coriander, fennel, and peppermint to support healthy digestive function.
- Crystallized Ginger Chunks: If you like the taste of ginger, our Crystallized Ginger Chunks are an excellent option for supporting your digestive system while you travel. This Fiji organic ginger is rolled in sugar and baked in the oven to make a delicious treat. Alternatively, our Crystallized Ginger Chips are delicious and offer a satisfying crunch!
- Ginseng & Ginger Green Tea: Pack some of our loose-leaf Ginseng & Ginger Green Tea for an energizing but soothing tea blend to support better digestion and a calm stomach while on the go. Make traveling with loose-leaf tea even easier by traveling with Loose Leaf Tea Filters (Empty Tea Bags).
If you dislike ginger, consider Peppermint Essential Oil for promoting lessened motion sickness.
Peppermint has a stimulating, cooling, and refreshing scent that makes it perfect for soothing your stomach, whether it’s upset from motion sickness or a spicy meal. It’s also great for reducing stress and tension headaches! Take several deep breaths of Peppermint Essential Oil or apply a small amount to the back of the neck and temples.
Herbal Choices for Common Traveling Ailments
Traveling is fun, but it also comes with some not-so-fun ailments, like jet lag, a dry throat, and just feeling drained after long hours in the car or on a plane.
Here are some of our favorite herbal remedies for common traveling ailments:
- Dealing with jet lag or brain fog? Try our Physical Motivation Capsules to support healthy stamina, lessened jet lag, and greater energy. These capsules contain organic spirulina, feverfew, and cayenne to give you an extra boost whether you’re traveling or needing a boost in your day-to-day life.
- Dry throat or nose after flying? It’s never fun to get off the plane with a dry throat and nose. Try Dry Nose Oil, made from organic sesame oil and cape chamomile and cardamom essential oils to support reduced congestion and promote healing from dryness. Our Hyaluronic Acid Dry Mouth Lozenge by Hyalogic is an excellent choice for rehydrating and moisturizing your mouth - it also works as a breath-freshening mint!
- Struggling to sleep while traveling? You can easily disrupt your sleep while you travel due to jet lag, stress, new surroundings, and an upset in your circadian rhythm and routine. Our Deep Sleep Tea is perfect for relaxing the mind and body, so you wake up refreshed and ready to take on your vacation plans. Another amazing option is our REM capsules which support deep sleep with valerian, chamomile, and periwinkle. All of these herbs are touted for their ability to improve and deepen sleep.
Want to learn more about improving your sleep? Read more about amazing herbal remedies for sleep here.
We hope this comprehensive guide to herbal remedies for common travel ailments gives you some ideas for how you can support your mind and body next time you are traveling!
Herbalist Natalie & Herbalist Leilah