The Herb Stop Blog
Embrace Joy with Our December AromaBox!
Enjoy receiving a gift of your own during this bustling season, or gift our December AromaBox to a friend! Our December AromaBox contains a fantastic combination of cheerful essential oil blends, Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil, and a roll-on that encourages calmness, mindfulness, and thankfulness.
Keep reading for a quick rundown of the four essential oil products in this month’s AromaBox and our favorite uses for each one.
Celebration Essential Oil
Celebration Essential Oil is crafted with organic orange, spruce, and cinnamon bark — a delightful combination sure to inspire warmth, joy, and communication.
We love this essential oil blend because it truly *feels* like a celebration anytime you diffuse or inhale it. The joyful smell of orange paired with spicy cinnamon bark and earthy spruce is a scent that you can’t help but smile at.
Here are a few of our favorite ways to incorporate Celebration Essential Oil into our day-to-day:
- Feeling stressed out? Take a few deep breaths and inhale this cheerful essential oil. Orange Essential Oil has been shown to reduce anxiety, blood pressure, and even pulse rate. Combined with cinnamon bark and spruce, this is a beautiful blend for taking a few moments to yourself when you need a break.
- Create a DIY cleaner. Many of us love the smell of refreshing citrus and piney scents like spruce in our cleaning products. Make a DIY cleaning product and add this amazing essential oil blend to leave your home smelling like you just walked into a luxury furniture store! For cleaning recipes, check out our previous article with recipes here.
- Diffuse or use in an essential oil-friendly humidifier. Use a humidifier this winter to add some moisture back into the dry winter air. Paired with this essential oil, you’ll promote healthier skin and a more upbeat atmosphere in the home. Perfect for inspiring greater communication, so consider diffusing before an at-home date night, family meal, or gals’ night.
Holiday Cheer Essential Oil
Our Holiday Cheer Essential Oil blend contains wild orange, clove, tangerine, and cassia. This beautiful combination is designed to spark joy and jolly feelings. If you’re struggling to get into the holiday spirit, this is a fantastic essential oil to diffuse to give yourself a quick pick-me-up and soothe feelings of stress.
In particular, Wild Orange Essential Oil has been traditionally used as an antidepressant, encouraging a more optimistic outlook and improved immune function — a perfect choice for cold season! It’s known to relieve stress, anxiety, and emotional tension, and science backs this up.
A study on children undergoing dental treatments demonstrated that citrus fragrances reduced cortisol (the stress hormone) in the participants’ salvia and pulse rates. I don’t know about you, but visits to the dentist make me nervous, so this study speaks volumes about orange’s ability to encourage relaxation.
Here are a few of our favorite ways to use this cheery essential oil:
- Diffuse Holiday Cheer Essential Oil. This is the BEST essential oil to diffuse to spark joyful, celebratory feelings. The delightful combination of wild orange, tangerine, clove, and cassia brings instant holiday nostalgia and cheer to any day or party.
- Create DIY holiday gifts and body care products. As a heartwarming, festive scent, this is the perfect essential oil to add to holiday gifts. There are countless recipes online for creating DIY sugar scrubs, bath bombs, perfumes, foot cream, soap, and even floating candles scented with essential oils. Get creative and surprise your friends and family with a loving, homemade gift customized with this happy scent.
- Take an ultra-relaxing bath. Add a few drops of this essential oil to your favorite bath oil or bath salts and soak for 20 minutes to ease tension after a busy day.
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
This sweet, warm, spicy essential oil is a bit lighter and muskier than cinnamon (some say almost clove-like). We use cinnamon from Ceylon, known as the “true” source of cinnamon, and love its lighter, brighter taste and smell.
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil has been traditionally used as an antiseptic, analgesic, antifungal, and even a stimulant for the circulatory system. Research has even shown that extracts from cinnamon possess antifungal action.
With so many uses, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. Here are our top recommendations for using Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil:
- Soothe cramps. Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil has long been used for menstrual cramp relief. Add this essential oil to a carrier oil or balm and gently massage it into tender areas of the body to promote pain relief and relaxation.
- Use as a pick-me-up. Cinnamon leaf’s robust, sweet, and spicy scent is a great choice for warming the heart and encouraging emotional expression when you’re feeling stuck. We recommend adding it to bath and body products or diffusing it throughout the home to create a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
- Apply as a perfume. Add Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil to your favorite perfume, body oil, or carrier oil, and apply to your pulse points for a woody, spicy scent that will linger all day. A fantastic choice for a date night, a special occasion, or anytime you want to add some pep to your step!
- Pair with other essential oils. Some of our favorite scents to blend with Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil include Bay, Bergamot, Cardamom, Clove, Coriander, Frankincense, Geranium, Lemon, Marjoram, May Chang, Nutmeg, Orange, Patchouli, Rose, and Ylang Ylang.
For many of us, the last few months of the year are a time to reflect, practice mindfulness, and appreciate what we have and the people we’re surrounded by.
Our Thankful Roll-On is the perfect blend to elevate your daily wellness routine. We create this roll-on with bergamot, cedarwood, grapefruit, spruce, ylang-ylang, and oakmoss absolute to promotes a greater sense of well-being and gratitude.
Perfect for applying first thing in the morning, before journaling or prayer, or during the holidays to encourage a greater sense of calm.
Gently apply to your pulse points, dab under the nose, or apply to the neck to support yourself as you embrace this time of year and welcome in the New Year.
We hope this guide inspired you on how to use this AromaBox’s essential oils. It’s easy to get lost in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, so we carefully curated essential oils to promote mindfulness, gratitude, and peace above all else.
Sending Happy Wishes!
Natalie & Leilah