The Herb Stop Blog
Natural Ways to Set The Mood This Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is upon us and despite the frigid weather, many of us still want to heat things up a bit!
Everyone desires love. It’s human nature. When love finally arrives, it’s certainly worth the wait. For those of you lucky enough to have found true love, cherish it, as it is the most precious gift. In the meantime, our trusted herbal friends can help you enhance your love life, attract someone special, or spend a decadent night-in pampering yourself.
Sensual, Seductive Foods, Herbs, & Teas
Did you know that seeds and nuts have long been associated with fertility, abundance, and potency? Pine nuts and almonds were favored aphrodisiacs of the Romans and Arabs. Check out one of our favorite fruity and nutty desserts here for some sensual Valentine’s Day inspiration, as well as the following foods:
Celebrate life and make everyday warm, nurturing, and communicative with that special person in your life. The following aphrodisiacs can be brewed into a tea or mixed into an herbal formula. They can also be added to foods and drinks. Be creative as you plan a romantic night-in!
- Damiana, also known as Turnera aphrodisiaca, was used by ancient Aztecs as a powerful sexual tonic and stimulant. See our chocolate kisses recipe below for a delicious damiana dessert!
- Oats have been eaten throughout the ages to strengthen the entire body and to increase vigor and vitality. They are nourishing to the nervous system, are considered an excellent nerve tonic, and may have an anti-depressant effect.
- Roses have long been given as gifts as an instantaneous aphrodisiac and an acknowledgment of desirability and passion.
- Make Love Tea is a beautiful tea to encourage those romantic moments.
- Love In A Cup Tea ingredients include caramel, almond, and vanilla cream. Need we say anymore?
- Heart Chakra Tea activates your emotional center to promote energy circulation, expressiveness, and empathy.
- Caramel Black Tea starts with the perfect combination of elements. The sultry flavors of caramel and brown sugar meld together with notes of molasses in this amorous back tea blend.
There’s also the classic fresh-dipped, chocolate-covered strawberries with a matching Strawberry Black Tea. How romantic!
Chocolate-covered strawberries are a classic Valentine’s Day dessert for good reason since chocolate is an antioxidant that promotes good feelings.
Here’s one of my favorite “feel good” chocolatey desserts:
- 3 oz butter (soft) or coconut oil
- 4 oz powdered sugar
- 4 oz chocolate (melted)
- 2 tbs. Damiana extract
Mix and form into one-bite balls, then roll in cinnamon and cardamom. Enjoy these mouthwatering chocolate kisses!
“Love Is In The Air” Essential Oils
Certain aromas can act as an aphrodisiac. In fact, that is what the perfume industry is based on – creating a scent that will attract others and make us feel better about ourselves.
Here is a list of essential oils that have the potential to make us feel warm and romantic while promoting feelings of self-confidence and well-being. These essential oils can be used in aromatherapy diffusers, massages lotions, or simply as a perfume. For the greatest effect, perfumes should be applied behind the ears, décolleté, inside the wrists, or into the hair.
- Bergamot may coax you out of depression and make you feel more vivacious.
- Black Pepper warms the heart, stimulates the body and the mind. It is also thought to give men more stamina.
- Cardamom evokes the natural man’s erotic nature and sexual being.
- Cedarwood relaxes the analytical mind.
- Clary Sage is euphoric and stimulates the sensual side of you.
- Jasmine is seductive, brings out hidden desires and fantasies. Hypnotic and euphoric. Boosts confidence. Ideal for frigidity.
- Nutmeg promotes desire and availability. In the perfume industry, it is known as being provocative yet calming.
- Patchouli is earthy and masculine. An “antidote” for indifference; it reaches down into the emotions.
- Rose is an aphrodisiac of pure love, euphoric and intensely feminine; it brings out your truest feelings.
- Vetivert relaxes feelings of being uptight, timid and uncertain. Add to perfumes to enhance sexuality and sensuality.
- Ylang Ylang is exotic, exciting, and stimulates the senses. Helps dispel anger and fear.
Herb Stop Essential Oil Blends and Roll-On
- Adonis is made with essential oils known to be sensual, powerful, and confidence-building, all while increasing your masculine energy. Adonis' exotic blend of essential oils makes it a lovely cologne, or perfume, as well.
- Aphrodite is made with essential oils known to be sensual, confidence-building, and mood-boosting while increasing femininity. Aphrodite's exotic blend of essential oils makes it a lovely perfume as well.
- Love Potion was created for encouraging feelings of love and desire. The thoughtfully selected essential oils act as aphrodisiacs and lend feelings of confidence, self-love, and desirability. This roll-on also makes a fantastic perfume - oh la la!
Herb Stop Massage Oils & Bath Salts
Nothing says “I love you” quite like a relaxing massage or a hot bath filled with a perfect blend of bath salts to relax and stimulate the body.
This alluring bath blend smells like chocolate and strawberries. Soak for 15-30 minutes in this decadent bath to enjoy a relaxing evening with your special someone.
Heart Chakra Roll-On Oil Blend
Looking to nurture your heart chakra and follow your heart more? This oil blend is designed to activate and promote feelings of love and empathy while strengthening your immune and circulatory system.
Enjoy the deeply relaxing scent of patchouli and clove as you indulge in this soothing soak. This sexy bath soak also increases circulation from the cinnamon and clove essential oils.
Diffuse this perfectly blended, exquisite oil into the air and experience heaven on earth! Turn down the light, play some soothing music and inhale this intoxicating oil blend to enter a most euphoric and blissful state of being.
However you celebrate Valentine’s Day this year, we wish you a very happy Valentine’s Day!
Leilah & Natalie